First off, bookmark this post.
Why? Because the following 15 links can make you a better blogger.
After all, they worked for me.
How to write headlines
- 1 critical reason to put numbers in blog-post headlines Numbers bring much more traffic than headlines without.
- Blogging by numbers: how to create headlines that get retweeted Tip: never tell the whole story in your headline if you want optimal click-through.
- 17 crazy places to get jaw dropping headline ideas Surprisingly, includes Cosmo & Mens Health Magazine.
- 102 headline-writing formulas Headline templates that speak to any audience, regardless of topic.
Ideas for blog topics
- 100 blog topics I hope YOU write These can also be used for coming up with podcast ideas.
- The 8 types of posts that get maximum comments Tip: lists of resources help readers save time by providing info on one site.
Writing blog posts
- How to write effective blog posts Includes 8-step wire frame to guide your writing.
- 5 simple ways to open your blog post with a bang How to keep readers who click on your headline.
Working with older blog posts
- Recycle your old blog posts How to make content/page changes to revitalize traffic.
- 5 “Twitter teasers” that get more click-throughs for your old blog posts Tip: start a story and stop in the middle.
How to bring in more blog traffic
- 23 essential elements of sharable blog posts Tip #8: Use links out to resources liberally.
- 6 easy ways to get more visitors to your blog Tip #5: Include social sharing buttons such as Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn.
- 18 blog tips to help you succeed in 2010 Still very much relevant for 2011.
- 5 ways to make your blog stand out from the crowd Tip #5: There’s a lot of value in evergreen content.
- 90 tips to make your blog rock Tip #39: Tweet about your post more than once a day.
***What other “how-to” blogging articles and/or experts have helped you? Share your links below!***
Lindsey McCaffrey is an Ottawa-based freelance web and social media copywriter, blogger and content strategist. Follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn, call me at 613-290-0239, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.