To stay atop my industry, I constantly look online for advice to hone my copywriting (business writing) skills.
The articles below are my most recent favourites.
- An introduction to effective copy Ten steps in 10 simple articles. Check out my fave, #5: The structure of persuasive copy
Writing for online
- Writing style for print vs. web Readers are selfish. How to deal with it.
- How to write effective blog posts 8 simple steps to fabulous blog entries.
- 5 simple ways to open your blog posts with a bang LOVE this quick and effective article. Bookmark it!
- How to write in someone else’s voice Add colour to your speech with a client information sheet.
- Why your speech’s ending doesn’t work & what to do about it Write your speech, starting at the end.
- Are your white papers accomplishing your lead generating goals? Step-by-step writing guidelines.
- Are executive quotes killing the press release? Tips to freshen up those boring executive quotations.
- The most overused buzzwords and marketing speak in press releases I admit it: I have been guilty of a few of these.
- Ten words that build trust A quality article. Trust me. It comes from a caring place.
- How to create killer analogies by relating anything to anything else (PDF) 7 steps to add creativity into your business writing, without going overboard.
***What are your favourite “how-to” articles? Share your thoughts below!***
Lindsey McCaffrey is an Ottawa-based freelance web and social media copywriter, blogger and content strategist. Follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn, call me at 613-290-0239, or email me at email@example.com.